June 03, 2007

Sugar-smacking fun and sweet deals

We like fresh, healthy and organic, but there's no denying the sweet tooth that runs in the family. The boys indulged big-time yesterday at their friend's party at Georgia Nut Company's retail outlet in Glenview. I think the theme was March of the Chocolate Coated Goodies.

In a cheerful party room, the kids smocked up and put on their candy-making hats. The busy party leaders passed out items, demonstrated techniques, answered questions and offered help when needed. My boys had a great time, but I haven't seen their full bounty yet- a reported two pounds of chocolate! They slept at grandmas last night, so I wouldn't eat all their treats.

Georgia Nut Company offers candy making classes and parties for adults, too. Call 847-724-8405 for info or click here. Fun as it is, this type of party is not appropriate for nut-allergic kids.

Sweet deals

I wrote about June being a great month for Chicago-area book lovers, but it's also a great month for candy makers, cookie bakers, cake decorators and other crafty folk. Wilton holds their annual tent sale at their Woodridge headquarters this month, now through June 19. You can get some really sweet deals, 30 -70% off. I only recently learned about this event and as much as I'd love to go, I don't think I can rationalize it right now (even at 70% off!). Here's what a one blogger said about last year's sale: http://a-moment-captured.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails