August 09, 2007

I got a golden ticket! And you can get one, too!

Long Grove Confectionery, 333 Lexington Drive, Buffalo Grove
(847) 459-3100


I didn't have to hire a roomful of wage slaves to open hundreds of candy bars for me to get my golden ticket, I merely called the Long Grove Confectionery to sign up their chocolate factory tour. You can, too!


As much as I'm looking forward to the tour, my excitement is tempered by the fact that I will be the sole adult chaperon to four rambunctious boys. I will threaten to eat their chocolate if they don't behave. This should keep them in line because, as my two boys know, this is no idle threat.


Tours take place Monday-Thursday between 10 and 1, and last about an hour. They cost only $2 per person and rumor is your get your weight in chocolate at the end. Full details and ideas for what else to do in the NW 'burbs can be found here.

The outgoing message on the tour hotline assures me we will have time to shop in the outlet store, but it's open to the public even without tours. I've been to the store before and I can assure you there are deals to be had, people.


For other sweet local tours check out this page on ChicagoParent.com and read the Scrambled CAKE commentary of the Eli's Cheesecake factory tour here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails