August 03, 2007

Yahoo! A Mom's Night Out at Viand

Viand, 155 East Ontario, Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 255-8505

The kind folks at Yahoo! treated a group of blogging mamas to a night out to kick off the BlogHer Conference. Specifically, the Chicago Moms Bloggers and contributors to their sister site, the Silicon Valley Moms Blog were treated like queens for a night. The drinks flowed and the food kept coming. Chef Brett whipped up customized flatbread pizzas (goat cheese? capers? mushrooms? you got it) and served up delicious chicken satay with a flavorful, but not too spicy peanut sauce, as well as a variety of potstickers. He dished out the compliments, too--much to the appreciation of our group of 30 and 40-something year old women.

As if the food and flattery weren't enough, I got to meet many of my "virtual friends" and make many more, I also received a fabulous swag bag, and then I headed back to my swanky hotel to enjoy the rest of the BlogHer weekend. What a treat!

Last weekend I felt like Cinderella at the ball. Now, I'm back to real life, cooking, cleaning, working, carpooling and all the regular mom stuff. And I'm still catching up on my sleep...and my blogging!

1 comment:

chilihead said...

We ate at Viand on Saturday night after the cocktail party. My dessert had it's own tray and tower. OMG.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails