November 25, 2007

Barenaked in the kitchen

While mixing up our Thanksgiving mashed potatoes and sweet potato pies, we were getting in the holiday groove with the band Barenaked Ladies and their CD Barenaked for the Holidays.

The songs are infectiously fun. You just know the guys (yes, they are all men) had a good time recording the tracks. Seven year-old Pikachu likes the rendition of Jingle Bells that starts slow and somber and morphs a crazy verse of Jingle Bells Batman smells, Robin laid an egg. I favor the Elf’s Lament and the Chanukah songs interspersed with the Christmas tunes. You can listen to a few of the tunes here.

What are you listening to this holiday season?

3 comments:

MamaBunny said...

My favorites are Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and a holiday CD by Ella Fitzgerald. I also have a folksy instrumental "Merry Christmas from the Players" CD, which is funny b/c that is my husband's last name. We gave some as presents one year :-)

MaddysMom said...

I am listening to The Miracles Christmas and B.B Kings A Christmas Celebration!

Jen said...

I LOVE the Barenaked Ladies XMAS CD. Makes me smile every time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails