May 19, 2009

Aunt Sally's Pralines

Make that pralines *lite.* The Aunt Sally's folks had the brilliant idea to send me a sample of the lite praline before I'd ever stepped foot in the All Candy Expo, which longtime readers will know is a Good Thing. Aunt Sally's Lite Pralines have 85% less sugar and 40% fewer calories that the full octane version.

Admittedly, when it comes to food from New Orleans, I'm partial to beignets over pralines. Indeed, when I showed it to my Yankee boys, ages 9 and 11, they asked me to describe a praline. "Um, it's got a lot of sugar and butter and nuts." Yup.

Aunt Sally cuts down on the sugar by substituting Swerve Sweetener. The result is a super-sweet praline with no aftertaste.

Edited 5/19 to add:
I hadn't heard of Swerve before, so I'm adding this bit their website: Swerve is the first all-natural zero calorie sweetener that tastes, measures, cooks and bakes like sugar.

Swerve™ has zero glycemic index, so its perfect for diabetics; Swerve™ does not affect blood glucose or insulin levels.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails