October 23, 2009

My Afternoon at Pampered Chef

I spent yesterday afternoon with a wonderful group of bloggers at The Pampered Chef's headquarters in Addison, Illinois. It was like going to a Pampered Chef party, or cooking show as they call them, only I didn't need to open my wallet. This was not a recruitment event; they focused on the products, the company, and the food and it was all very interesting.

We met with various representatives of the company and learned about the recipe development process, all while sipping a delicious cranberry fizz and nibbling delectable butter cookies.

Pampered Chef's recipe developers love their jobs. Truly, they get to follow their passions and foodie dreams with the added bonus of keeping typical office hours, something that's nearly impossible to do in many restaurant and hospitality jobs.

Office hours aside, even the developers are PC consultants and are required to host cooking shows a few times a year. This keeps them in touch with their network of consultants and makes them more aware of what they are asking those consultants to do when they host shows.

The Pampered Chef folks are especially proud of their redesigned cookie press, which (and this jazzes me perhaps more than it should) is also a potato ricer. It can also be used make crackers, too, which is something I'm excited to try. (Sounds very gourmet, no?)

In addition to the aforementioned cookies, as you will see in the photos below, we made and devoured honey-apple brie bites (yum!) and turkey tetrazzini (not quite my thing).

Our gracious hosts allowed us to create a wish list of Pampered Chef products we'd like to try. Though, indeed, I can look longingly through the PC catalog, we're in such a state of paring down that I only requested a few simple ones that I know will I will use like bamboo salad tongs and as cheese grater that I think the boys will like to use.

They gave us a few goodies for the road, as well--including said cookie press. I already have a cookie date night set with my boys.

Powered by Whrrl

4 comments:

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

You had me at "cookie press." :)Looks like a fun event, and what a great company to see from the inside-out! I have a few pieces from parties I've attended over the years, and they hold up like no other.

kristina said...

Oooh, envious. Looks like you had a real fun time. I love the cookie ball things...not sure of the official name...by Pampered Chef. Also love company's serving dishes, etc. Thanks for sharing what you've learned.

TheAngelForever said...

Wow, what a great event to go to. My friend has been trying to get me to do Pampered Chef for about a year now. I think about it and then just am not sure. Love the products though. Have a great time making cookies with the boys

Jen said...

Ooh! It's a ricer, too!? Hmmm...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails