November 14, 2009

Artisan Chocolates from Sucre New Orleans

As if the offer to receive a sample pack of artisan chocolates wasn't enough, the folks at Sucre added a few tempting details about their business when they reached out to me. Not only are they in New Orleans (who doesn't want to support small businesses in that city?), they are donating a portion of their online sales this holiday season to the New Orleans SPCA.

Chocolate, charity and a city on the mend? What's not to like?

I was so taken by the lovely presentation and the unique confections in Sucre's holiday collection, that I devoted a Whrrl story to it.

Powered by Whrrl


I've never seen a chocolate bar quite like the pistachio rose petal milk chocolate bar Sucre sent me. Its appearance was striking and unusual as was the bar's scent. Though the presentation was dramatic, and the taste was sweet, I'd like to see smaller bits of both the pistachio and the rose petals scattered evenly throughout the bar and maybe even a dark chocolate version to temper the sweet rose petals.

Of the three chocolates in the Sugar and Spice Holiday Collection, Candy Cane, Ginger Bread, and Eggnog, the Candy Cane was the clear winner. Filled with white chocolate ganache and bits of peppermint candy, they were smooth and creamy with just the right touch of mintiness. I'd love to see Candy Cane truffles offered in their own box next year (or next week- in which case, I promise to order some).

If you're looking for a unique hostess gift, something that goes beyond the typical bottle of wine or box of drug store chocolates, let your fingers do the clicking and consider Sucre. I've even got a discount code to share:
$5 off of shipping on Sucre confections (or shipping for $4.95) with code: SPCA

Good through November 30, 2009.

Disclosure: The folks at Sucre sent me a product sample for review. I was not compensated for this post or the Whrrl story beyond the complimentary samples noted above. Yeah, I'm easy when it comes to chocolate. It's better than being paid in gum, though, if you ask me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails