February 07, 2010

Sahale Snacks Gourmet Nut Blends and Glazed Nuts

If you've stepped into a Starbucks recently (and what mom hasn't?), you've probably been blown away by their impressive new selection* of grab and go snacks. This is not your typical convenience store selection. This assortment contains some swanky snacks, HFCS-free, organic, fair trade and/or "better for you" items, like Sahale Snacks Glazed Nuts.

I picked up a bag of Sahale's Cashews with Pomegranate and Vanilla, thinking it would offer a tasty and sweet, but reasonably healthy afternoon snack. You're body doesn't burn through proteins the way it does for carbs, so protein-based snacks can really get you through the day better.

The cashews are likely the most gourmet convenience snack I've ever had. The unique blend offered a subtle salty taste balanced with an original sweet combo.

At last week's Blissdom conference, my roommate, Cara, offered me a sample pack of Sahale's Glazed Almonds with Cranberries, Honey and Sea Salt (and though not listed in the name, but clearly an integral part of the exotic taste, sesame seeds). I really enjoyed this flavor combo and I liked the .75 ounce just over 100 calorie pack, though I imagine it would be quite expensive to purchase them in this form. (I believe the Starbucks back is roughly two ounces, meaning a bit a self-control is required for single-serving snacking.)

I love that these glazes are sweet, but light. They are not the kind of super sticky glaze that leaves you wondering when your next dental visit is scheduled. The unusual glazes and blends make this product worth a try. I know those Starbucks pastries can be tempting, oh do I know it! But if you're up for a healthy change of pace, give the nuts a try on your next trip.

*Thanks to Jennifer at Savor The Thyme for sharing her Whrrl story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails